Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 30th-A week of miracles!!

This has been the most wonderful week! It has been a week of miracles! It's not over until it's over and this week was our last chance for new investigators to come to church is they are getting baptized in December and it was a blessed Sabbath! Last week when we had our missionary fireside we received a referral from our Relief Society president. It was the mother of some recent converts in our ward. It just turned out that the timing was perfect right now and she is SO READY for baptism. She came to church with her two kids yesterday and she loved it. She was even participating in planning for our ward Christmas party. Then to our surprise the husband of one of our other recent converts walked into Sacrament meeting with his wife and family. The wife and children are all recent converts and the husband reads the Book of Mormon all the time and has a strong testimony that Joseph Smith is a prophet but because of his work schedule he hasn't been able to come to church consistently. I remember talking to Sister Altea at the beginning of December and thinking that it would be very possible for this brother to be baptized in December if only he could change his work schedule. He really wants to be baptized and he knows the Church is true AND he committed to talk to his boss about getting Sundays off. We'll see! We have hope and we will pray and pray and pray! Then work and work and work. One of our favorite families, the Briz family, all came to church this Sunday and the dad finally stopped smoking cigarettes this week! It's truly been a week of miracles and I don't think that I can truly express how much I love being a missionary. I just need my body to keep up with my heart and soul! Because my hear and soul is this Work. 

so let me just tell you a little tiny bit about my body...it's falling apart. I remember my first zone leader telling us that if we really serve the Lord with all of our heart might, mind, and strength then we should go home in an ambulance. Of course he was a little bit of a drama queen...but I'm falling apart.I've been in co-horts with Sister Clark and she says it kind of a pretty common thing that happens at the end of a missionary's time. (especially the sisters) They just get worked down and exhausted. So anyways I've been having almost constant fevers and headaches, plus body aches and just a general feeling of tiredness. But the thing is, it's not really going away at the moment so two weeks ago I had a blood test. The Elder/Doctor that is assigned to the Manila MTC wanted to see how my white blood cells were. My white blood cell count is somewhat high, but nothing too dramatic. So today I had another blood test to check my thyroid. we'll get the results later this week. When Sister Clark told me that the Doctor/Elder in the MTC wanted to check my thyroid I remembered when I was working for Aunt Kim and always feeling tired and she told me that maybe I should check out my thyroid..but I didn't. And anyways it's probably nothing big, but just so you know. It's really nothing that's keeping me from being a missionary so. Ha! Take that Satan! But now I have no secrets. okay? okay.

I just want to say that I am grateful for the opportunity to be a sister training leader and to be Sister Altea's companion. Our companionship is the best it's ever been. I love her and I love being a missionary! 

How's your study of PMG?? Are we finding ways to share the gospel this Christmas season?

Sister Larson


+

No comments:

Post a Comment