Sunday, November 16, 2014

November 16-Rabies?

Happy Week Everybody! I tried to think of some holiday to celebrate...but. Anyways. 

Let me tell you a little something something about my week. Well it was a good one. Our 4 Special Names are doing well and 3 of them came to church this week! Plus we were able to find a bunch (7) new investigators this week! So all is well in Zion. Mostly. :)

Sometimes I hear stories about other missionaries in other missions and I think that the Philippines Angeles Mission is exactly the right mission for me. We find a new investigator almost every day and we teach about 40 lessons a week. I know about one missionary in England who finally taught his first new investigator when he had been in the field for 6 months!  I just know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan. I know there is a reason I'm here in a mission that teaches so often because it perfectly matches with the many times in my patriarchal blessing it talks about teaching. We still have our struggles. Yes we find new investigators almost everyday, but when we come back to the appointment we have set with them....they hide from us. Or they just want us to teach them but they don't want to do anything like read the Book of Mormon or come to church. Each mission has struggles and challenges and I am grateful to be here in the Philippines because these are the perfect struggles for me. 

Now for a story. 

One Thursday night as I was starting to fall asleep I heard a strange noise from my fan...A noise that I recognized from months and months ago when I was assigned in Cabanatuan and that little mouse crawled into our fan and died....well. I looked up and saw...a tail. There was a huge RAT sitting on my curtain rod literally inches from my face! I woke Sister Altea up and we screamed like little girls trying to get it out of our room. We finally got it out with a broom, but it was so fast and so big and PREGNANT! I'm pretty sure that it was one of the scariest things of my life! We finally got it out of the house...but we are definitely buying a rat trap later today. My legs were shaking like leaves. Yuck! 

Also a little boy bit me at church yesterday. 

Pray that I don't get rabies. From the little boy. or the Rat. 
(joke lang mom!)

And that is my week. Sort of. 

Sister Larson;

No comments:

Post a Comment