Sunday, November 2, 2014

November 2-Another Great Week!!

And now let me tell you about my week! 

This was a great week! We had a special missionary fireside with Bishop Causse of the Presiding Bishopric and then we had MLC, our Mission Leadership Counsel consisting of all the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, and the Assistants to the President. And then on Sunday there was a special area broadcast for all of the Philippines and Elder Oaks spoke to us. I didn't know this before, but Elder Oaks was the former Area President for the Philippines. I think it was more than 10 years ago, but still. 

You wanna know some cool things I learned? One of the Apostles told President Clark during his training in the MTC to "tell the missionaries that if they are willing to change the Lord with be with them." Isn't that cool. That's cool. And I know there's still a ton of things I need to change and with the Lord's help I can! 

Sister Causse shared with us a really cool message about how us missionaries are like....SPIDERMAN! That's right. And she has a cool french accent so it was even cooler. She said that when Spiderman was bitten he was given a gift. But at first he didn't really understand his gift or how to use it. But he started training himself to use this gift and he helped many people and saved many lives. Missionaries are like Spiderman. With great power comes great responsibility. We have to make sure we are always using that great power and gift that we have been given. 

She also said that there is such a thing as "good fatigue" which I am now a beiliever of. She said they were pretty tired from their trip and all their meetings in the Philippines with Elder Oaks and Elder Robbins but she could still feel the Holy Ghost. And that means it's good fatigue. I bet Jesus got tired sometimes too. And that's okay. It's just part of serving the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and STRENGTH I guess. 

The remarks that the General Authorities made about their trip to the Philippines were all about the people. Elder Robbins said that the Philippines could be called the Land of the Beautiful Smiles. These are a happy people. And I love getting to serve them everyday. I know that eveything I am learning here is helping me prepare for the rest of my life. And I love it! 

Sister Larson

me and some of my "batch mates" at the special missionary fireside with bishop Causse 

the two cutest little girls in the whole world! 


No comments:

Post a Comment