Monday, October 27, 2014

October 26th- This Week...

This has been the most wonderful week! Well actually there were a few rough days, but in the end it was a wonderful week. I don't know why but I have just started feeling like, "Coach, we need a water break!" I'm tired. And 5 months just seems like a really, really long time. On Friday, for the first time maybe in my whole mission, I just really, really, really didn't want to go out and work. The Spirit was not with me. Sister Altea would stop to talk to people and I would think to myself, "Why is she talking to them? I don't want to talk to them." It was so pathetic. I was praying and praying for those thoughts and feelings to go away but it just wasn't happening...Until one of our last lessons of the night. We taught one of our investigators who has been struggling to recognize his answer that Joseph Smith really was a prophet. As we taught him about the Restoration, I started to feel the change. My heart started beating stronger and stronger. The things that I was telling him definitely weren't coming from me. Then we got to my favorite part where we get to share Joseph's exact words about the answer he received to his prayers. As I shared the words from Joseph Smith's History I felt the Spirit. I could not deny it. I KNOW that the message we share is true. I am still trying to shake of this laziness or "trunkiness" or whatever this is.  I am just ready to get lost in the work again! Good thing we get to attend a special missionary fireside with Elder Oaks this week! Maybe that will be the "water break" I need. :)

I am a work in progress. I know that God's plan is perfect for each of us and He knows what we each need specifically. I am grateful for the responsibility of being a Sister Training Leader and be part of His plan for my fellow sisters. 

Sister Altea and I saw just how perfect God's plan is this week. One of our investigators that we have been teaching for a while wasn't really progressing like we thought he should be. So we decided that we needed to give him a little push towards baptism and we goaled forNov 1st as his baptismal date. Then right before his interview for baptism we found out about a personal matter that he hadn't repented of. The baptismal interview continued. Our district leader asked our investigator the required questions and just felt that something wasn't right even though he hadn't found out about his past transgression. So he didn't sign the baptismal record. After the interview we were able to talk to our district leader about our investigator and the things that he still needed to repent of. He told us he was thankful that his prayer had been answered because he couldn't figure out what was missing. Although our investigator will not be ready to be baptized on Nov 1stwe now see how pushing him towards baptism helped him understand just how serious of a covenant it is. This investigator is starting to have a mighty change of heart. He's not all the way there yet, but he will get there with the help of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Being a missionary is cool. I love it. The end. :)

Sister Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment