Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 5th-I love being a missionary!

Sister Altea and I have hit our groove. We are really united with each other and have been able to work out some good healthy, loving communication. :) When Sister Altea and I first arrived in this area we decided that our vision for the area included strengthening families and helping the members share the gospel in normal, natural way. And as we have looked back on the past 7 weeks, we have come to realize that we have been doing that. Of course we are far from finished. But it was encouraging to look back and see that the baptisms we've been a part of are almost all part member families and referrals. Missionary work is really most effective when the members are involved. 

This Sunday was so happy! I have come to feel the importance of the sacrament in my life and during those sacred minutes during the blessing and passing of the sacrament I feel almost like I am in the temple. It has been about a year since I've been able to attend the temple, but it's okay. Because every Sunday I know that ALL of my covenants are renewed. I love partaking of the sacrament and having that time set apart to think about my Savior and my relationship to Him. I look at the sacrament table and think of those who laid His body in the tomb. I try to put myself in the place of those who ran there to find His body and instead found the tomb empty. I search my soul, repent, and receive revelation for myself and this work. Every Sunday really is Easter Sunday! I love my Savior and I am so grateful for the incomprehensible love that He has for each one of us, because that love is what made it possible for Him to accomplish the infinite Atonement. I love my Heavenly Father and He loves us enough that He sent His only Begotten Son down to this earth to suffer and die for us. 

I love being a missionary! 

Sister Larson

Sister Aurora's children have now all been baptized. Except for the youngest. Her oldest son is actually the one that baptized her. There's one more son missing in these pictures, and her husband. But even her husband has a desire to be baptized and they are all working towards that goal so that one day they can be sealed in the temple. She is one of the most prepared souls that Sister Altea and I have had the chance to meet and teach. She is a mother in Israel! The Lord is hastening His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment