Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 7th-Another wonderful week!!

This has been the most wonderful week! I was invited, along with about 12 other missionaries, to be part of this special Christmas program at the mission home for all the stake and district presidents in the Philippines Angeles Mission. And..I think I'm a little rusty. But it was still really fun to sing and be a part of the Chirstmas spirit. We even went caroling!  It really helped lift my spirits. I think I'm just sick of being sick and I'm trying REALLY hard now to stop focusing on not feeling good but focus on others. I just feel this fire in my soul right now to do all that I can with the time I have left. Maybe seeing Sister Altea get ready to go home is helping me feel the importance of using every single day effectively in the Lord's vineyard. I feel unstoppable right now and I feel like I have so much more to give! We'll see if my body can keep up with me! :) 

We have been worried about our ward lately because they seem to just be so distracted and aren't very excited about missionary work anymore.  Our home and visiting teachers are especially lagging. So Sister Altea and I asked the Relief Society President if we could share about the importance of visiting teaching during Relief Society. It was a great experience. I was able to share about my awesome visiting teacher, Sister Tilton, who sends me the Relief Society newsletter every month and even though I'm thousands of miles away I still feel that I am loved. Sister Altea also shared about her experiences as a recent convert. At the end of the lesson one sister said, "Earlier today we raised our right hands after Sister Rosario's confirmation to show that we are willing to fellowship her. I think that we need to take that seriously and help our sisters, especially the recent converts. " Sister Altea and I just turned to each other and grinned. It was a miracle and an answer to prayers. 

Sister Rosario was baptized this week! Her husband came back to church in the last few months and now they are working on preparing to be sealed in the temple in one year! I love being a missionary! 

PS Rosario's daughter's name is RIO! It makes me think of my favorite REO :) 

Sister Larson



Rosario Bautista's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment