Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27th letter and pics-Rain is Real-Games-Mud, Mud, Mud!!

On Tuesday when I had exchanges with Sister Ormond (one of the Sister Training Leaders) we visited one of our investigators, Dina. She had come to church once, but then hadn't come back and had stopped reading the Book of Mormon. When we visited her on Tuesday she told us that she couldn't change her religion and that she couldn't be baptized. Then she told us that when she was younger she had been given a copy of the Book of Mormon and that she used to read it all the time. In fact, she would stay up late and her parents would have to tell her to stop reading and go to bed. And then when she got married and moved over into our area, again, she was given a copy of the Book of Mormon. And then when we started teaching her, she received her THIRD copy of the Book of Mormon. It just hit me so strongly in that lesson that Sister Dina is so important to God. Heavenly Father has given her all of these chances to accept the gospel. It also hit me very strongly that Sister Dina and I knew each other in the pre-mortal life. I know that she is one of the souls that I promised to help return Home. 

Later that week Sister Esirom and I returned and Sister Dina explained further that the real reason that she stopped coming to church was because her husband, siblings, and father had all told her that she could not change her religion. She told us that she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. I am not discouraged, I still firmly believe that one day she and her family will all be baptized. And that's exactly what I promised her. I felt encouraged by the Spirit to promise her that one day her and all of her family would become members of Christ's restored Church. I love this gospel and I know that God has a beautiful plan for each one of His children to come Home to Him again. I love being a part of that Plan. 

I love being a missionary! 

And I can't wait for my missionary grandparents to join me on my favorite tropical island! 

Sister Larson

and the rains came down! 
it has been raining so much this week. we got soaked!! the only dry spot on me was where i was wearing my bag. 
Momma's so proud! Our recent convert is growing up so fast! :) But it was so awesome to see him exercise his priesthood. Next week he's going to bless the sacrament! 



they played who's the pogi-est. or in other words, who's the most handsome. our bishops son won 



i'm just muddy now. like all the time. i'm gonna buy some rain boots. my favorite!! Heavenly Father knew how much I love the rain and mud when he sent me here!




No comments:

Post a Comment