Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6 Letter-Happy Birthday America!

So this was the first 4th of July in my life that I didn't get to watch fireworks. Also the only time that I spent Independence Day with NO Americans. That's right. I'm the only American missionary in our house right now so.. I think my fellow missionaries were a little bit annoyed of me saying "happy birthday AMERRRRRICA!!" But they really shouldn't complain because I shared my Cheezits with them to celebrate the monumental day. Oh and we had weekly planning, but that was the extend of the festivities over here. But aint no thang because it's 100% worth it. We had some really awesome experiences this week. 

One of our new investigators came to church! And we love her so much! She is a young mother of two of the cutest little Filipino boys I've ever seen. And she is starting to understand! The first few times we taught her she didn't really understand. But she is starting to really get it. She told us that before she met us she had had bad dreams and had a hard time sleeping but then after we taught her to pray she started praying before she went to sleep and she hasn't had a problem at all. I love teaching people to pray. It's probably one of my favorite things. If there's one thing I'm learning over and over on my mission, it's that there is so much that I have taken for granted growing up as a member of the Church. I don't remember a time in my life that I didn't know how to pray. Sometimes I just can't fathom that there really are people who don't know how to pray. Sister Esirom is also really helping me to understand that people really don't know that they can become like Jesus Christ. Sister Esirom was Catholic before she joined the Church and she never understood her relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before she learned of the Restored Gospel. She looked me in the eyes earlier today in our companionship study and testified to me about the relationship that she now enjoys with them. It was so powerful. I want that. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is nothing that I want more in life than a more complete and personal relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I know that they love me but I want to feel it more deeply in my soul. I don't want to even recognize the person I was before I left on my mission. I want to be so founded in this gospel that I can say with conviction "I'll never, no never, no never forsake" my Savior and His teaching. The Second Coming is just around the corner. I can feel it. We must be ready. I feel that urgency as I help God's children come unto Him. This is the most important work, it is His work. 

MAHAL ko kayo! 

Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment