Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3rd Letter

On Sunday our recent convert blessed the sacrament and next Sunday our other recent convert will give a talk. I love watching these people on their journey in the gospel. I love seeing them progress, it just makes me so happy! And if it makes me happy, I can only imagine just how happy it makes Heavenly Father. I really do love being a missionary. Sometimes I feel like we need invisibility cloaks so that we can sneak up on people so they will stop hiding from us...but then this week one of our investigators told us that when she sees us climbing up the rice fields to come teach her she get so excited and she runs and gets her Book of Mormon ready. That one person makes it all worth it. It doesn't matter if a thousand people hide from us when we come back to teach them, because at least one of them is excited and ready to listen. 

President and Sister Clark stopped by our ward yesterday. Just because. And they bore their testimonies. It was awesome. Plus our boy, CJ blessed the sacrament today! Whoot whoot! As Sister Esirom says, "The Spirit was so high, dude."  But I have to admit that it was somewhat difficult to pay attention in the first part of sacrament meeting because the little boy next to me was playing with his spider and kept throwing it on my skirt. Thankfully he decided to let his spider friend go. But then he started playing with my arm hair. They call my arm hair "balbon" which just means really hairy. Most Filipinos don't have very much arm hair and they love my golden fur. 

We had interviews with President and Sister Clark this week. They did things a little different and we got interviews by both of them. Sister Martino would teach a little workshop while President Martino did the interviews. But Pres and Sister Clark are the new kids in town and they do thing how they want! :) I really love them. President and I talked about how sincere prayer takes work and it's worth the effort. And we also talked about how serving the Lord with ALL your heart, might, mind, and strength is a life-long process. He's really cool. And you know what, he's just a normal human like the rest of us. 

Anyways, I think that's all the main happenings of my life last week. I love telling people that my grandparents are coming to join me on my tropical island! :) 

I love being a missionary. Sister Clark asked me what things have I learned that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I told her that I'm going to be a missionary for the rest of my life!!! 

Mahal ko kayo at namimiss ko kayong lahat pero alam ko ito ang panahon para pagpapabalis ng Gawain ng Panginoon! Lahat tayo ay mga misyonero! 

Sister Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment