Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10th-A great week...like every week

This week was so great! Every week is great. But the time really does feel like it's going by faster. 11 months this week! :/ I am still patiently waiting for you to share with me all the things you are learning from Preach My Gospel. :) But I of course do love hearing about the new cabinets. And everyone getting married and whatnot. 

Sister Esirom and I weren't able to work all day Wednesday and part of Thursday because of...food poisoning. I remember my friend Craig, who served in the Philippines telling me that the only time on his mission that he thought about going home was when he got food poisoning from eating fish at a member's house. Funny how... that's exactly what happened to us. But we didn't get to the point where we debated calling President and asking to go home. But it was pretty bad.  

The rains have taken a break for about a week now. I forgot how hot it gets here. And HUMID. I prefer the rain and mud. But they say it should only last a little longer and then we'll have rain again. 

We visited one of the members in our ward this week to share a message about missionary work. Um they have the nicest house I've seen on my whole mission.....like niiiiiiiiiice. And they even fed us ice cream! It was awesome. But the most awesome part was when the dad brought up his concern that his 24 year old son hasn't gone on a mission yet, we were able to share about some of the blessings of serving a mission and I told him exactly what my momma told me. "Serving a mission will never be a wrong choice" We all felt the Spirit very strongly and tears were shed... I hope that he chooses to serve a mission soon because I know for sure now that this was the right choice for me. I feel so much more prepared to be a wife and mother, my understanding of the gospel and appreciation for the Savior has deepened and so many more wonderful blessings. 


In other news....HAPPY BIRHTDAY SARA, JESSICA, AND REO!!!! 

and happy priesthood REO!!!! 


Sister Larson

Family Home Evening with the Rambaoa Family

The infamous fish...yummy but made us very sick
Brother Danny gave his first talk in church


Our Yummy taco dinner with the beans and El Pato from home



I love me some El Pato...this is what I ate with the left over...yum!!



No comments:

Post a Comment