Sunday, August 17, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Padapada and Hello to our new area

So.... TRANFERED NA AKO! to a different ward in the same stake.  but still it's a new area. And the elders took over my old area. I guess it was just too big of an area for us sisters. Plus finding transportation at night was hard, so maybe it will be better for elders to hack it over in Padapada. But Sister Altea and I (my new lovely companion) are white-washing this area. Which means that just like my first area...both of us are new. We didn't know anyone or anything about this area. Even though I have been in the same stake for about 5 months now..it's still brand new to me. But it's been awesome because the ward members here are feeling the missionary spirit!!! They have been super helpful and have shown us where many of the investigators, recent converts, and less actives are. We have had a member with us almost every single day and it is so cool! Members really are the key to missionary work. I remember my zone leaders saying that missionaries should be able to leave and the missionary work still continue. Well that definitely would happen in this area. The missionaries are just the sidekicks in missionary work. Yesterday we had a really great experience teaching two friends of one of the recent converts here. A member had told us the night before about some friends that he wanted us to teach. So we made plans to meet them on Sunday. Then on Sunday when we went to visit this recent convert, his two friends (the referrals) were with him and we were able to teach them and it was awesome!  It was a right place, right time kind of thing. But I know it wasn't a coincidence. We have been so blessed in this area. I told Sister Altea, if I had to choose an area to white-wash it would be this one. One of the members was joking about almost reaching "Zion-status". But really, this ward is well on it's way with the way they are working with the missionaries. I love it. 


And Sister Altea! Let me tell you a little about my new best friend. If she wanted to, she could take a bus from our area and be home in less than 30 mins. She is so close to her home town right now, it's nuts! But she would never think of leaving. She is one of the most humble, meek, and loving people I've ever met. Her dad past away while she was serving her mission. Yet, she continued, if anything it deepened her drive to serve the Lord with her all. Only her and her sister are members of the church and she amazes me with her charity and patience everyday. Yes, we are both Sister Training Leaders. It's a calling that both members of the companionship hold because we are the ones that conduct "exchanges" with the sisters in our zone and in the neighboring zone, Camiling. We are kind of like the Zone Leaders, but just for sisters. We get to be a part of the Mission Leadership Council,which is what I'm most excited for because we get to go to meetings monthly with the rest of the leadership in the mission and learn directly from President and Sister Clark.   

Basically this week has been super crazy busy and so awesome. I love seeing the Lord's hand in the details of my life. I'm trying everyday to really serve Him better with ALL my heart, might, mind, and strength. I love being a missionary!

Mahal ko kayo!!! 
Sister Larson
My and my kasama and our kabahay. the two sisters that we live with. they are great but hopefully i'll get to see them again at zone conferences and whatnot. 


one of my favorite families. well this is kind of a mish mash of one family and some active members and of course, cj, our recent convert. i miss them already!! 

our bishop, his wife and the relief society president

our new beautiful house! 

the ward missionaries the worked with us!



there was just a little too much love for me  ;) 

this is us at my first mission leadership council..it was in the mission home. the last time that i was in the mission home was when i came into the field in October!  almost a year ago. it's different because now it's the Clark's home and not the Martino's 







No comments:

Post a Comment