Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21 Letter-Easter already?

So I didn't know it was Easter until um...Saturday night. What the heck?!  But then Sister Scholl gave us some Peeps her family sent a few weeks ago so then it was okay. Did I mention that two other sister missionaries live in our apartment too. Sister Scholl was in the MTC with me, we're the same "batch". She's awesome and she's training Sister Gerardo. Just a fun fact.

I guess I'll catch up on the Easter spirit this morning by watching videos on lds.org and listening to Handel's Messiah. 
I sprained my ankle on Thursday morning when we went to the funeral of the sister I told you about last week. Here the cemetaries are all above the ground cement boxes and there's no other way but to walk on top of the boxes and well I'm not very good at the whole walking thing so whoop there went my ankle. I couldn't walk for about a day and a half but then I got a priesthood blessing from my district leader and the pain went away. However, the swelling did not. It's still really swollen and awkward to walk but the Work goes on. 

But Albert was baptized and confirmed!! It was great :) We've seen so many changes in him and his wife in the past few weeks. The baptism itself was pretty interesting. The water in the font was a nasty greenish brown color for some reason. Some of the members blamed it on the rusty pipes. Then after his baptism, Albert mentioned leaving his sins in the water and it just clicked! Hello! The reason the water is so gross is because everybody has been leaving their sins in the water when they are baptized! Joke lang. :) 

Yesterday the Relief Society sisters were planning a swimming activity. Not cool. They like to rub it in our faces that we can't go swimming (in a friendly sisterly way of course) But it is perfect swimming weather over here. It's getting warmer and warmer. Sometimes we'll be riding in a jeepney and I feel something dripping down my leg, so I turn to see if something spilled on me..nope just the sweat from my knee-pits. Happens every time. 

Also I'm so excited to hear about what you've been learning from Preach My Gospel. An apostle said you have to study it too, so hit me up! Share the golden of nuggets of truth from that blessed PMG! 

I LOVE YOU!!!! 

Sister Larson

PS that video Because of Him--AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment