Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Letter from Sis. Larson, December 1st

So Thanksgiving here wasn't actually that different.  Well we didn't eat turkey, but we did have Chooks chicken which was pretty good.  But we had potatoes! Mashed ones. And one of the Elders in our zone got a Thanksgiving package which included some stuffing.  So I even got one spoonful of stuffing! And while we didn't have pumpkin pie, we did have pie! And I made the crust! Which was crispy and delicious thank you very much.  But it was coconut cream pie.  But you know what I think I've gotten over my pickiness.  I ate that pie like no body's business.  And I drink pineapple juice. Aint no thang.  So no football games, but I would say that Thanksgiving was a success.  One down one to go.

Dec 2! Pasko na! I don't really understand how this weather here can be qualified as "winter" but my kasma keeps saying "ooo malamig!" so I guess that means it's cold.  Nights are a little bit cooler, but really it just feels like a summer night in St. David.  But Christmas is here with a vengeance! We already have had many invitations for dinner appointments on Christmas and Christmas eve, so don't worry Mom I'll have a Christmas Eve Feast--but we probably won't have hot wings.. :( 

I think that I'm finally getting a little more comfortable with the language.  I've been told many times that I'm a lot better than the foreigners that were here before because of my training in the Manila MTC.  So that's good.  Even though I speak worse than a 5 year old kid.  At least the kids know which pronouns to use when.  Man, pronouns are going to be the death of me.  Oh and verbs.  Verbs are hard.  It's okay, keep it simple right.

I was asked to speak at our stake's YW anniversary.  I don't really know why but I did what I was asked.  I don't think that what I said really made that much sense, but as I was telling these young women that personal progress is important and will help them drawn near to their Savior, I felt the Spirit so strongly.  I knew that our Heavenly Father loves these girls so much.  He knows each of them and He loves them dearly.  And I know He feels that way about each of us.  He KNOWS us. Oh, I love Him!    

I am not a perfect missionary.  Which is not surprising at all, but still a little disappointing.  Of course I want to be perfect, because Christ was perfect!  However, through the repentance process this week I feel like I have taken one little tiny step towards becoming like my Savior.  This sacrament meeting was one of the most spiritual times I've had on my mission so far, and it wasn't because of any testimony that was born.  It was simply because I was able to draw nearer to my Savior through His Atonement.  This has been a changing week for me.  I have a desire to improve, improve, improve! It has also been a changing week for our ward! Part of Relief Society was spent discussing what the sisters could do to help bring back some of the lost sheep in our area.  It made us so happy to see the members desire to help us in the work and I know that we will be much more effective if we can work with the members.  I am still not a perfect missionary and I know that I will never be perfect.  But I know that each good decision I make, each time I listen to and follow the Spirit I am one step closer to the missionary that the Savior knows I can be.  

I hope this holiday seasons finds you all healthy, wealthy, and wise!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! 
-Sis Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment