Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25th

This week was one of those times that you get a look at everyone else's trails and you are suddenly so thankful for your own trials.  We have 4 new missionaries in our Zone who were reassigned here from the Tacloban mission.  16 missionaries total came to the Angeles Mission.  And one of the new missionaries in our zone is actually from Uncle Greg and Aunt Sue's ward! Crazy little world we live in.  They really witnessed some serious miracles during that huge typhoon.  I really didn't understand how massive that storm was until this week.  Wow.  All I know is we really are living in the last days.  The LAST ones.  I don't know when, but I know Christ is coming soon! 

One of my major accomplishments this week was sharing Joseph Smith's First Vision in Tagalog.  I may sound like a very white American when I speak, but as I shared the words from Joseph Smith himself, I knew that was I was saying was true.  I love the times that the Holy Ghost witnesses to me that the message I am sharing is really true.  

And I have been called fat more times than I would like to count.  Yesterday at church two ladies in Relief Society took me by the hands and said something to the effect of "We've noticed that you've lost a few pounds! How wonderful! Now just keep eating vegetables, no meat, and only 1 cup of rice a day, during lunch ok? And then pretty soon you'll really be thin! When you go home you can get fat again." That really happened.  And as offensive as that would have been in America.  Not even a big deal here.  They were just stating facts according to them. And I really wasn't offended, I just smiled and said "Ok, Thank you" I think that's a sign that I'm learning to love the people and adjust to the culture.  

 I really love missionary work.  I have a LOT to learn, but I love it.  I love the Philippines.  The other day we were riding in a tricycle and thought to myself, "I could just ride in a trike all day!"  But then sometimes I have to admit I miss America.  Especially this time of year.  But who needs hot showers and mashed potatoes anyways.  16 months na lang! I love you all and miss you so much! But I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything.  Remember, Jesus loves each one of us and knows us each by name! 

Sister Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment