Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dec 18 Letter-What a week!

What a week! The time goes by fast but our days are so busy it's difficult for me to remember what all happened this week. But only 9 more days til Christmas!! Our Zone Christmas conference is tomorrow and somehow I got roped into singing a few group numbers. So that should be fun.  It's my first zone conference type of event and apparently these things are kind of a big deal. This week has been a humbling week.  I had my first experience with exchanges.  My kasama and I exchanged with the Sister Training Leaders for one day and it was a great learning experience. Sister Reyes, the STL, makes loving others seem so easy.  It's not that easy for me.  She really understands that each person we talk to is a literal son or daughter of God.  That's something that I tend to forget.  And one of our less active members called me out on that this week.  We were teaching about the sacrament and I said something like "I just can't understand why someone wouldn't want to come to Church and partake of the sacrament."  and she looked me in the eyes and said, "Sister, you can't understand because you haven't opened your heart and tried to understand."  Boom.  That really struck a nerve.  Instead of being upset because she had hurt my pride, I was really grateful that she was bold.  She was the better teacher that day.  She was bold and loving and called me to repentance.  I know I'm not perfect and I am grateful that I'm not expected to be perfect.  Each day is a new day and another chance to love others as Christ loves each of us. I hope that this Christmas season we really do remember the Reason for the Season.  I love you all! Thanks for the love and support!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! Maligayan Pasko!!!
Sister Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment