Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27 letter-Just another week in paradise!

I am so tired. Like sobrang pagod. But it's a good tired. It's the kind of tired that comes from a week of doing all you can to help others come unto Christ.  Of course there were things that I could have done better, maybe I could've talked to more people or testified more boldly.  But I feel pretty proud of our work this week.  Being a trainer has really made me stretch and reach toward my potential.  And it has been paying off. We had the highest attendance yesterday at church than we have had in a looooooong time. And I never thought that people would just fall into our laps for us to teach, but...that's kind of what happened this week. We had a few experiences where people came to us rather than the other way around.  Oh this gospel is true!! And everyone needs it in their life. It's not just for a chosen few.  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!!! We are getting closer to Elize's baptism and it's kind of a hefty responsibility to do all we can to make sure that these people know how serious the covenant of baptism is and are ready to enter into that covenant.  But it is so awesome! I know that this is it.  If we want to live with our Father in Heaven again, we need baptism! So life is good, busy but good.

Just so you know, my kasama is 6 feet tall. It's awesome. We are having a good time trying to keep up with the language over here.  It's a good thing we have ward members that will work with us and translate when needed. Which reminds me...work with your ward missionaries! They need you! The Lord needs you! at least give them some referrals :) 

The weather is starting to warm up..again. Summer is just around the corner over here.  Word on the street is that around March it's pretty rough. Also Cabanatuan might be the hottest place in the Philippines because it is one of the most inland.  But I'm ready for it.  With the Lord we can do all things, right? 

Anyways, I can't really think of anything too exciting to share with you.  If you have any questions I'd love to hear em. 

 I love you!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! 
Sister Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment