Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13 letter- 4 month mark!

This has been the most wonderful week! I love being a missionary! I think that our "miracles in December" were late bloomers because we have been seeing the miracles in January! I have to admit, I was feeling a little discouraged because I had not been able to contribute a baptism to the 1350 baptismal goal for 2013 for our mission. I was beginning to wonder if those "golden" investigators that I had heard everyone talk about even existed.  But then we found them! In the missionary call letter it says that if we serve God's children with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength we will experience more joy than we have yet experienced in our lives. When I first read that didn't really believe it.  I thought, "How can they promise that? The First Presidency doesn't know my life." Silly, silly me. As we taught these two 19 year old girls (that are SO ready to accept the gospel it blows my mind) I got a taste of exactly what the First Presidency was talking about. Words cannot describe the happiness Sister Mailo and I felt as we listened to them talk about their experiences receiving an answer to their prayers. They both felt the Spirit testify that this is Christ's church restored to the earth. They felt the Holy Spirit, they could not deny it, and they have welcomed the message of the Restoration with open arms.  Both of them had experiences earlier in the week were they were tempted to break the Word of Wisdom. Their friends had offered them coffee or iced tea, and although the temptation was very strong, their desire to be obedient was stronger. And here's the best part.....we haven't even taught them about the Word of Wisdom yet! They just knew that coffee and iced tea were some of the substances that were not allowed for "Mormons." WHAATTTTT?? They are so awesome!!!! I cannot wait to see these two girls dressed in white as they enter the waters of baptism next month.  I don't even care if I only get to see it through pictures. If I get transferred I know that is because the Lord needs me somewhere else and He needs different missionaries here.  Simple as that. And I love this area and the people here so much that I genuinely want whats best for them, even if it means I need to leave them. What a sacred privilege it is to be one of the Lord's missionaries! 

I love you! Like a lot, a lot. And I hope you have a fantastic week!!! 
-Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment