Friday, October 11, 2013

October 10th Letter

So I've officially been here for a month! Exactly.  Can you believe it? I can't.  My first week here felt like a year.  and then the next few weeks have felt like a few hours! It's crazy.  We went out proselyting on wednesday (mirykoles, yep like spanish but spelled differently) and it was so awesome.  Some of the elders and sisters really got to go to the neighborhood, barangay, and see the serious poverty.  But I was only able to visit one lady with my in-field missionary because we had to ride about 4 jeepneys to get there.  The lady, Sister Abiog, owned a second hand clothing store and so she was a little better off than most.  She was so receptive to our message, but was having a hard time understanding that there is only one true church.  When the in-field missionary asked me to explain faith, pananampalataya, I just opened my mouth and the broken tagalog that came out surprised even me! It made sense and everything! I know that the Lord helps his servants if they will ask and I don't think I've asked for very many things as hard as I asked the Lord to help me say what He needed me to.  I am so grateful to be called to teach here in the Philippines because they are one country that loves foreigners.  They consider it an honor to have a foreigner speak Tagalog. plus most of them know some english. 
I am very very lucky.  I am also very lucky to have Sister Knudsen here.  She and I just hit it off from the start and i know that she is going ot be a life-long friend. I have realized that this is the first time that i've ever been around so many people of so many different cultures.  I love the Samoan, Fijian, Australian, New Zealander, Sri Lankan, and Philippino Elders and Sisters here.  My kasama gave me a lava-lava so you'd better believe that i'm rocking that! OK I think that's all for now.  But I hear that Gen. Conference is all about missionary work ( we don't get to watch it until tomorrow) so you'd all better get crack-a-lackin' and share the message that the gospel is here and Jesus loves us and His church has been restored! I know it's true.. -Mahal Kita! Kita Kits in 17 months! Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment