Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 26th- Super Sick but it's okay, still a great week!

This has been the most wonderful week ever! Well kind of. I'm not super sick, but I guess it's time to admit that there really is something wrong with my body. We just spent 5 hours at the hospital doing some tests. The paper work took longer than the actual tests but all I can say is, I never want to go back there. It's hard for me to admit that there's a problem because it's not something that really keeps me from being able to go out and work...it just makes it very difficult to work. There were a few days this week that we came home, planned, and I went right to sleep, in my proselyting clothes and everything. My body is just not cooperating with my heart. I'm dizzy, have fevers on and off, and headaches. Aint no thang. It's no secret that I'm nearing the end of my mission, and I just want to run! I have learned the lessons in Preach My Gospel, I know Tagalog well, and I just want to give my very best and forget the rest. But my body is holding me back right now. Hopefully these tests will help us figure out what we need to do so that I can sprint to the finish line. Just pray for me, okay? :)

This week we've had a lot of disappointments. It's amazing, but no matter how many times people say they're going to do something we, as missionaries, usually believe them. Maybe it's the hope and faith that we are working on developing. But over and over people commit to do something...and then don't. I thought I would get to the point where I would have a hard time believing people when they said that they were going to do something; But, no, I still believe them. And it still hurts when they don't do what they say they're going to do.  Those are the thoughts that overwhelmed me as we sat in church and our investigators, once again, didn't show up. Then we started the sacrament. We sang "fill our hearts with sweet forgiving, teach us tolerance and love" and I began to think about my Heavenly Father who loves me no matter what and forgives me no matter how many times I don't do what I say I'm going to do. I thought about how He would never get frustrated with me. I really am trying to be like Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It's a process and I love those moments when I get a little glimpse of our Father's love for us. That's what I'm going to work on this week, really feeling true charity for those around me (even if they don't do what they say they're going to do). Because that's what Jesus did.
I love being a missionary, and I love having a companion that loves being a missionary. I love that I'm not just going to be a missionary for 18 months, but for FOREVER! 

Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment