Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 22-Goodbye Sister Acosta, Hello Sister Esirom

This has been the most wonderful week! Danny and Aurelio received the gift of the Holy Ghost and were confirmed as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was so amazing. Also Sister Esirom is the coolest missionary ever. She is seriously like Ammon. I love being her companion and I'm going to take advantage of these coming weeks to really try to learn everything I possibly can from her. I not only want to learn from her but also follow her example and apply and develop my Christ-like attributes. Our lessons have been so great this week. I have to admit that for the past while it has been a struggle for me to really feel the Spirit all the time. But in our lessons we were all able to feel and learn from the Spirit. I know that there is so much potential in this area and that it depends a lot on our efforts as the Lord's servants here. We have plans to better coordinate with our ward mission leader. He is an older man who didn't serve a mission, but he does have great desires to serve the Lord. Sister Esirom and I are excited to help him magnify his calling. We have had a drop in our LMP's (lessons with members present to investigators) because our ward missionaries, most of whom are students, have started school again. So we have faith that with the help of our ward mission leader we will be able to coordinate our efforts with members and really get the whole ward involved. We are really trying to apply the things that we learned in MTC and in our past areas. I believe that as we get more members involved in our lessons, it will help our investigators feel more comfortable in coming to church. I am really excited, but I know it's going to take some real work. I look forward to growing a lot in the next 8 weeks.  And that's about it. 

MAHAL KO KAYO!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment