Sunday, June 29, 2014

Another Week...

Another great week! Of course, because HELLO all weeks are great weeks. 

CJ was baptized! It was awesome! One of his best friends got to be the one to perform the actual baptism and it was so AWESOME! He is doing great and one day he is going to be a great missionary. 

I just really love Sister Esirom. She's like...a gangster. But also really spiritual. Like a spiritual gangster. She was baptized about three years ago and I am so impressed by how deep her understanding of the gospel is. She really helps me realized how much I take for granted having grown up in the Church. She has a super powerful testimony. And I just love her. She's from Guam but her parents are from Chuuke so she speaks fluent Chuukese and English, knows some Chamorro (the native language of Guam) and now Tagalog. She's a rockstar. 

So yesterday we had a neat experience. We had just finished with one lesson and were headed to another house kind of far away, and my foot started killing me. It was the ankle I sprained a few months ago, and all of a sudden it just started hurting so bad that I could barely walk. So we stopped. And we prayed. And we asked Heavenly Father if we should continue to the appointment that we were headed to or if we should turn around and go visit a different family. Both Sister Esirom and I felt that we should turn and go the opposite way. So we did. And my foot immediately stopped hurting. We took that as a confirmation from God that our decision was correct. When we got there, the family was dealing with a huge problem and even though there wasn't much that we could do to help them, I know God sent us there to comfort and reassure them. There was no explanation for why my foot started hurting so bad or why it stopped just as suddenly as it started. But I know that it was not a coincidence. It was so powerful to realize that God really is in charge of the Work and I am one of His servants. I am so glad that we stopped to ask Him where to go and what to do. And I am so glad that we recognized His answer. I know that God answers prayers because He loves us and knows what each of us needs. And I love Him. And I love being one of His missionaries. 

Mahal ko kayo!!!
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment