Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 9th- Life is a Roller Coaster!!

LIfe is a roller coaster and especially today. I'm a little late emailing because I spent the day in Manila getting some fingerprints and whatnot at the Immigration office so that I will be allowed to leave this beautiful island. And I may or may not be crying a little bit right now because it is hard to think about leaving my tropical island and at the same time because I miss you all you much and I can't wait to see you. ...And also because Reo spilled the beans and told me that you had to put Hondo down. Man, I was really looking forward to seeing him when I get home. These mangy dogs here have really helped me appreciate our good friend Hondo. Today was really good for me though. Sister Clark was there with us for a little while in Manila and me and my good friend here in the mission, Sister Knudsen, got to talk to her for a bit about missionaries going home. It's hard, but it's good. I know that there is a reason why our missions are only 18 months for the sisters. As much as I would love to be a missionary in the Philippines forever, my body cannot handle it. But just so you know, I am doing a lot better. Maybe it's all the prayers :) Sister Salde and I are doing great. She's super hardworking and we had three baptisms this last week. It's weird to be the "harvester" and not be the missionary who found and taught the investigator. But it's was good and I am excited to be a part of their progression in the gospel. Sister Hewlett is especially dear to my heart and I'm excited to help her continue.  Our little branch, La Paz, is picking up steam and we are doing all we can to help them in the Work of Salvation. Don't you guys worry, I'm gonna cross that finish line, even if I'm crawling when I get there. 

I LOVE YOU!! 
Sister Larson



                                     Sis. Salde made this sweet note for me when i got to our area :)

me and sis salde

The Baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment