Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15- I love being a missionary!!

This has been the most wonderful week! I love being a missionary! I have been wanting to get back to that feeling of being a new missionary and here I am! I feel like a new missionary and I love it. I love love love teaching the Restoration. This week we had great success in finding new investigators. That means that in the coming week we will be focusing on helping those new investigators become progressing investigators. When I first got into the field I loved sharing Joseph Smith's first vision and this week I felt the Spirit extra strong as I shared Joseph's exact words about seeing Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I feel the urgency in this work and my testimony is burning within me. I have no doubts that the church that Jesus established when He was on the earth has been restored through a prophet of God. And the evidence of that truth is found in the Book of Mormon. That is a powerful book. It's probably my favorite book. Not just because I've spent the past 18 months reading it over and over again, but because I have drawn nearer to my Savior Jesus Christ because of it. I have learned more about the Atonement and what His great sacrifice really means. This week we taught a less active sister who stopped coming to church because when her son was the Branch President some members started some rumors and you know the rest. But as we taught her of the Savior's love for us we told her that only Jesus Christ really knows how she feels because He literally felt it in the Garden of Gethsemane. We testified to her that He knows the sorrows of Nanay Pingol. And that really struck her. You could see it in her face that it really registered that Jesus Christ felt our pains, sorrows, and sins individually. It was amazing. The Spirit pricked her heart. Tears were shed and she told us that she knew what we said was true. It was awesome. It was during that lesson that it really hit me again... I will always be a disciple of Christ. My ministry won't end just because one day I will no longer be wearing this black nametag. I have covenanted to serve Him will all my heart, might, mind, and strength and that's what I will do. 

Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment