Monday, February 3, 2014

February 2 Letter

My heart is in my head and it feels like the ocean.
I spent most of my email time crying in a noisy internet shop. I just have no words. I am in total shock about Ashton and my heart aches for his family. But I know where he is right now and I know that our Father knows his heart and his mind better than any of us could. So as hard as it is to hear about a friend who has been brought so low as to take his own life, I know that the Lord has a plan for him and that families really can be together forever! It's hard to express my true feelings over an email, but if anything, the news of Ashton's death has burned in my heart an even stronger desire to share the message of Jesus Christ with absolutely everyone that I can. How lucky and blessed are Bishop and Sister Mayberry to not have to wonder where their son is right now, they don't have to wonder whether they will be able to see him again. As I think of the great sorrow each person who knew Ashton is experiencing, I can't help but think of those who experience such tragedies without the knowledge of their Savior. I am so grateful for the example of Jacob and his choice to stay on his mission. I know that sharing this message of hope will be the best "balm of Gilead" he could ask for. What a strong family.
One of the General Authorities said that if 5 missionaries would deepen their understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ the baptisms in that mission would increase tremendously. I know that that is true. As each of us understands more fully what it really means to have a Savior and Redeemer our desire to share that knowledge increases. This Saturday will be my first opportunity to witness one of our investigators' baptism. I feel so privileged to be able to be a part of this wonderful work and help others gain a knowledge of their Savior. I know Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. And that Plan is WONDERFUL. I love my Savior. 

I hope that each of us deepens our understanding of our Savior's sacrifice a little bit more this week. I know that miracles will happen if we do. 

Sis Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment