Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feb 10th Letter-what a long emotional week... but a good one, of course.

Well...what a week. This was one of the longest weeks. Ever. But it was good. The thing about being on a mission is that even the bad days are still not really "bad days."  It's pretty hard to have a bad day when you are constantly trying to not think about yourself. I accidentally let myself miss carpet and bathtubs and swimming and pizza...but then an investigator gets baptized and I wouldn't trade that for all the R&R breadsticks in the world!!

Elize got baptized!! And it was awesome. My face hurt a little bit from smiling so much. Her brother baptized her and it was just so special. Her and her brother are the only members in their family, but they have so much faith that eventually the rest of their family will all accept the Restored gospel and be sealed together. Their mom past away a few years ago and it was so sweet to hear Elize's testimony of the gospel and how she can't wait to be with her mom in the Celestial Kingdom. The reason that Elize's heart was opened to the gospel was because she visited the Manila temple with her brother and friend from the ward and felt the Spirit there. She is so excited to go to the temple and go INSIDE! Her heart was so prepared for the gospel. I feel so blessed to have been able to help her progress towards the covenant of baptism and work toward her goal of the temple. 

And next week her friend Glennel will join her! She's another one who was just simply ready. It is so true that there are seen and unseen forces helping this work move forward. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing..." -Joseph Smith. 

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. He knows each of us and wants us to come unto Him through making and keeping sacred covenants. As a missionary I have made a covenant to find, to teach, to bear witness, and to invite. How great is my calling and covenant! 

Missionary work is not just for missionaries! I doubt that Elize and Glennel would be getting baptized at this time if it had not been for the members that were there to encourage, bear testimony, and invite. So many times Sister Laiti and I visit the less-active members here and are rejected. But then we return to that same house with a member and the doors open. I know that missionary work will not reach it's potential until the members and the missionaries are working together. 

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! 

Sister Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment