Monday, September 29, 2014

September 28th-Another Wonderful Week!!

This has been the most wonderful week! Jhonny, Angelo, and Jomar were baptized this week and Sister Aurora is prepared for her baptism this coming Saturday. This area is white and already to harvest. Every area is! And I'm so grateful to be a part of the hastening of the Work.  And  Sister Altea is showing me how I can serve the Lord with ALL of my heart, might, mind and strength. 

This week one of our investigators turned 58 years old and we stopped by to wish him happy birthday. To our surprise, half of the ward was already there! The Elder's Quorum President told us that Tatay Bugarin used to hide whenever any "Mormons"  or missionaries came over to the house. Now he had a house-full of Mormons and he even looked pretty happy about it. I asked Tatay what changed. His simple reply was that he was just ready now to accept the gospel and follow Jesus Christ. He told me it was one of the only birthday parties he's had with no alcohol. That made my heart happy. But what made me even happier is on our way out I leaned over to his wife and asked if his other birthdays had been like this one. She said "Only this one, Sister." I testify of the power in missionary work when members are working shoulder-to-shoulder with the full-time missionaries. I don't know why now is the time for Tatay to accept the gospel and prepare to enter the waters of baptism, but I do know that if the members weren't there supporting and fellowshipping him it would be a lot harder--if not impossible. Our Elder Quorum President even asked us when we were going to teach Tatay again so that he could be there in the lesson.  It was awesome!

I love being a missionary! 
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment