Monday, March 17, 2014

March 10th Letter- ang kaarawan ko ay malapit na!!!

Did you know...that I am soooo lucky because I get to spend my whole 21st year in the mission field (give or take a few days). That is pretty neat. :) Almost Happy Birthday to me!

Miracles in March is our mission theme because each companionship is going to reach the Standard of Excellence. And really, this month really is a month of miracles. Everyday is a miracle really! I love being a missionary. I know that I'm not perfect and that I have A LOT more to learn but I do love putting on that nametag everyday. 

This week we were able to see a beautifully prepared soul enter the waters of baptism and take another step closer to her temple goal. Let me tell you about our friend Trixie. We met Sister Trixie one Sunday at church. Her husband had come to church the week before by himself and I had no idea who he was because I had never seen him in my 5 months in this area. But the ward members told us that he was less active. The next Sunday he came again, but this time he was with his wife (Trixie) and their baby.  He told us to come over to their house later to teach his wife. I was a little bit confused, but of course we accepted. Later that day as we met Trixie and found out a little more about their story we felt impressed to extend a baptismal goal date for March 8. That was before we knew about the push for the Standard of Exellence in March.  She was hesitant to accept.  We continued to teach her and found out that she already knew a lot about the gospel of Jesus Christ because of her Catholic background and her previous encounters with the missionaries. She had been taught a few times by elders but wasn't really interested.  I know that she is one of the people the Lord prepared for the sisters. I know that it was because of revelation from the Lord that President Martino put sisters in our area (elders had been for years and years until me and Sister Lazan). I know that Sister Trixie needed sisters to listen to and to love her. And as we grew to love her, our desire to help her gain her own testimony was strengthened. I cannot fully describe the joy in my heart the day that she told us of her answer to her prayer about baptism. Specific answers really do come from specific questions. Trixie asked God a specific question about getting baptized on March 8 and received a specific answer! As we watched her husband baptize her, I knew that this was only the beginning. I cannot wait for them to be sealed in the temple! I love being a missionary! 

What a happy week. And next week Maverick will be baptized...on my birthday! :) 

Maybe the best birthday present you could give me is to give the missionaries in your area a new friend to teach. :) Trust me, you won't regret it! 

Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment